Defining an interest: the European Union and the High North
- Defining an interest: the European Union and the High North
- Conference: The EU as an Arctic actor
- SWP colloquium on Arctic Security
- The EU's involvement in the Arctic
- Council conclusions on Arctic issues
- Commissioner Borg on EU Arctic policy
- Stakeholder seminar in Berlin
- Developing an EU Arctic Policy: Towards a Coherent Approach?
- SWP Berlin on Arctic Security
- Norway and Northern Europe in the post-Lisbon European security framework
- All Pages
Commissioner Joe Borg: Towards an EU Arctic policy
December 2008: The Commission Communication of 20 November on the "European Union and the Arctic" is an important contribution to dealing with the challenges faced by the Arctic, in an open dialogue with the Arctic States, the people living in the Arctic and with other stakeholders.
The Communication aims at developing an EU Arctic policy to better coordinate EU policies in areas such as environment, energy, research, fisheries and external relations, which have an impact on the Arctic region. The emerging policy should meet three main policy objectives:
- Protecting and preserving the Arctic in unison with its population
- Promoting sustainable use of resources
- Contributing to enhanced Arctic multilateral governance.
Read more here